Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. I love all the creativity that comes out as everyone gets in the spirit and comes up with a fun costume to wear. Are you still looking for a costume this year? Get inspired byÂ these fun writing and book-inspired ideas. They’re word-tastic!
The Book Fairy: Too cute!
Book Angel:Â Get crafty with angel wings made out of book pages.
Book Mistress: Create a dashing book dress.
Death by Book: Zombie librarian!
Be Punctual:Â Semi colons, question marks, exclamation points, oh my!
Sexy Typewriter:Â Need I say more.
Cover It: Be your favorite book.
Or Go As Yourself: Be an author or a famous novelist.
Happy haunting everyone!
In the Literary Halloween Spirit? Check out these fun posts from hauntings past:
DVD sales continue to tank (while household spending on streaming video services, such as Netflix, and DVD rentals from Kiosks, such as Redbox, continues to rise. Much of this trend is driven by Millennials who are less concerned with owning media... Read the rest of this post
An oil-spilling CEO; a serial killer in mourning; and a tie-dyed rainbow meme -- the Halloween costumes cache for 2010 is vast. Faithfully imitating hip and colorful cultural icons is a stellar way to stand out at any party.
To help transform average Joe's, Jane's and groups into pop-culture icons, CouponSherpa.com
has compiled two lists: 20 plus-size Halloween costumes and 30 trendy getups. Along with a healthy dose of tongue-in-cheek humor, most can be made with items found around the home or at a local thrift shop. Our list of 2010's hottest costumes includes:
- Vuvuzela Guy/Gal (World Cup Fan) - Remind partygoers of the world's most annoying instrument by stringing a series of the plastic horns together, hanging them around your neck and wearing your favorite team's colors.
- Betty White (Comeback Queen) - This riff on a classic old-lady costume can be spiced up with second-hand sports trophies. Adorn them with labels like "Betty White: MTV Best Kiss Award."
- Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock (The New Ro-Sham-Bo)- The concept is simple: Grab some friends and decorate white t-shirts with your chosen symbol from the quirky "Big Bang Theory" game. Don't become separated or run the risk of looking absolutely lame.
- Tony Hayward (BP CEO) - Sport a yachting outfit and carry a black, oily substance to randomly spill on unsuspecting revelers. Afterwards, deny all allegations and mumble things like, "I want my life back!"
- Old Spice Guy (Advertising Phenomenon) - Isaiah Mustafa's musk-scented manly-man is a cinch if you have washboard abs and a deep, sexy voice. Wrap yourself in a towel and carry a bottle of Old Spice. (Or paint a t-shirt with abs and fake it.)
Check out Coupon Sherpa's 30 Trendy Halloween Costume Ideas for 2010
I wonder if any of you have written a scary story that's already out or coming out in time for Halloween. Or, maybe you've read one that you enjoyed in a gruesome sort of way. (g)
If so, please tell us something about it here in the comment section to get us in the proper frame of mind for celebrating the holiday.
Or, maybe you're going to a Halloween party, and you'd like to describe your costume. You're welcome to do that as well.
Morgan Mandel - http://morganmandel.blogspot.com/
PS - Here's Rascal in her not-that-great pirate costume from last year. We're hoping to think up a better one for her for the Halloween party at Bentley's Corner Barkery next Thursday, but the DH (Good Paul) and I are very lacking in the creative department where costumes are concerned.
As Occupy Wall Street remains in full force (MTV will cover the movement in a special segment aptly called â€śTrue Life: Iâ€™m Occupying Wall Street.â€ť Watch the clip of the episode which will follow three Millennials involvement in the day-to-day... Read the rest of this post