This is one of those links that is to promote a website -- in this case Wholesale Halloween Costumes -- but the tutorials are cool enough to deserve a link. We all know Mad Max will be a big Halloween and cosplay favorite this year, and here';s who to make yourself a War Boy or Immortan Joe -- I guess to be a Sexy Furiosa all you need is some black eyeliner. The Joe costume is especially clever ..."you won't believe how they made his teeth!" I'm a total loser when it comes to crafting costumes -- I like dressing up but fabricating is far beyond my ken or skills, so I'm always impressed with anyone who can figure this stuff out.Add a Comment
Viewing: Blog Posts Tagged with: halloween costumes, Most Recent at Top [Help]
Results 1 - 7 of 7
Blog: PW -The Beat (Login to Add to MyJacketFlap)
JacketFlap tags: Holidays, halloween costumes, Harley Quinn, Top News, 31 days of halloween, Add a tag
Blog: Ink Splot 26 (Login to Add to MyJacketFlap)
JacketFlap tags: News, halloween costumes, Would You Rather, book-based costumes, halloween activities, halloween trivia, Add a tag
The spookiest day of the year is coming on October 31. Here are a few Halloween activities and links to get you ready. If you need costume ideas, we got ‘em; scary books, we got ‘em. We even have a Personality Quiz to find out what monster you are most like!
- Halloween Book Challenge
- Haunted House Word Find
- Harry Potter Halloween
- Halloween Kitten
- DIY Halloween Costumes
- Book Character Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Poll
- Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF
- The Best Scary Books
- Monster Personality Quiz
- Goosebumps Create a Caption
- Halloween Trivia Quiz and a Spooky Halloween Trivia Quiz
- You know you are obsessed with Goosebumps when. . .
- Scary Would You Rather
This just in . . . these Halloween Would You Rather questions from PurpleWizard50:
Would you rather . . . .
- Dress up as a pink princess OR a yellow bumblebee?
- Get one small yummy candy bar OR a giant bar of yucky candy?
- Turn into a werewolf OR a vampire?
- Eat 2000 candy bars in a minute OR eat 30 old pieces of licorice in one minute?
- Meet a mummy OR Frankenstein?
If you have ideas for blog posts, go to the STACK Back Message Board and submit them! Have a safe and fun Halloween!Add a Comment
Blog: ACME AUTHORS LINK (Login to Add to MyJacketFlap)
JacketFlap tags: scary stories, Halloween costumes, Morgan Mandel, Add a tag
I wonder if any of you have written a scary story that's already out or coming out in time for Halloween. Or, maybe you've read one that you enjoyed in a gruesome sort of way. (g)
If so, please tell us something about it here in the comment section to get us in the proper frame of mind for celebrating the holiday.
Or, maybe you're going to a Halloween party, and you'd like to describe your costume. You're welcome to do that as well.
Morgan Mandel - http://morganmandel.blogspot.com/
PS - Here's Rascal in her not-that-great pirate costume from last year. We're hoping to think up a better one for her for the Halloween party at Bentley's Corner Barkery next Thursday, but the DH (Good Paul) and I are very lacking in the creative department where costumes are concerned.
Blog: Ypulse (Login to Add to MyJacketFlap)
JacketFlap tags: Captain Underpants, Millennials, Black Swan, Ypulse Essentials, halloween costumes, emoticons, state farm, dreamworks animation, Nicki Minaj, occupy wall street, Angry Bird, "26 Seconds, ' Paranormal Activity 3, self-esteem and entitlement, the Orange Bird, True Life: I'm Occuppying Wall Street, Add a tag
As Occupy Wall Street remains in full force (MTV will cover the movement in a special segment aptly called “True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street.” Watch the clip of the episode which will follow three Millennials involvement in the day-to-day... Read the rest of this postAdd a Comment
Blog: Ypulse (Login to Add to MyJacketFlap)
JacketFlap tags: halloween, Disney, charity, facebook, hunger games, blu-ray, kate moss, Ypulse Essentials, COPPA, halloween costumes, julie andrews, justin bieber, monday night raw, movietracker, national princess week, streaming media subscriptions, very fairy princess, dvd sales, lilabelle, netflix, Target, muppets, Under the Mistletoe, redbox, the princess diaries, WWE, nextmovie, Add a tag
DVD sales continue to tank (while household spending on streaming video services, such as Netflix, and DVD rentals from Kiosks, such as Redbox, continues to rise. Much of this trend is driven by Millennials who are less concerned with owning media... Read the rest of this postAdd a Comment
Blog: Ingrid's Notes (Login to Add to MyJacketFlap)
JacketFlap tags: Halloween Costumes, Random Awesomeness, Add a tag
Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. I love all the creativity that comes out as everyone gets in the spirit and comes up with a fun costume to wear. Are you still looking for a costume this year? Get inspired by these fun writing and book-inspired ideas. They’re word-tastic!
The Book Fairy: Too cute!
Book Angel: Get crafty with angel wings made out of book pages.
Book Mistress: Create a dashing book dress.
Death by Book: Zombie librarian!
Be Punctual: Semi colons, question marks, exclamation points, oh my!
Sexy Typewriter: Need I say more.
Cover It: Be your favorite book.
Or Go As Yourself: Be an author or a famous novelist.
Happy haunting everyone!
In the Literary Halloween Spirit? Check out these fun posts from hauntings past:
Display Comments Add a Comment
Blog: Imagination-Cafe Blog (Login to Add to MyJacketFlap)
JacketFlap tags: dressing up, halloween costumes, treat or treat, ideas for halloween, Add a tag
An oil-spilling CEO; a serial killer in mourning; and a tie-dyed rainbow meme -- the Halloween costumes cache for 2010 is vast. Faithfully imitating hip and colorful cultural icons is a stellar way to stand out at any party.
CouponSherpa.com has compiled two lists: 20 plus-size Halloween costumes and 30 trendy getups. Along with a healthy dose of tongue-in-cheek humor, most can be made with items found around the home or at a local thrift shop.
Our list of 2010's hottest costumes includes:
- Vuvuzela Guy/Gal (World Cup Fan) - Remind partygoers of the world's most annoying instrument by stringing a series of the plastic horns together, hanging them around your neck and wearing your favorite team's colors.
- Betty White (Comeback Queen) - This riff on a classic old-lady costume can be spiced up with second-hand sports trophies. Adorn them with labels like "Betty White: MTV Best Kiss Award."
- Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock (The New Ro-Sham-Bo)- The concept is simple: Grab some friends and decorate white t-shirts with your chosen symbol from the quirky "Big Bang Theory" game. Don't become separated or run the risk of looking absolutely lame.
- Tony Hayward (BP CEO) - Sport a yachting outfit and carry a black, oily substance to randomly spill on unsuspecting revelers. Afterwards, deny all allegations and mumble things like, "I want my life back!"
- Old Spice Guy (Advertising Phenomenon) - Isaiah Mustafa's musk-scented manly-man is a cinch if you have washboard abs and a deep, sexy voice. Wrap yourself in a towel and carry a bottle of Old Spice. (Or paint a t-shirt with abs and fake it.)
Check out Coupon Sherpa's 30 Trendy Halloween Costume Ideas for 2010
Add a Comment