Just a quick note to let you know that Diana’s new Become an Idea Machine class, retooled to provide e-mail support, and sessions of Linda’s e-courses Write for Magazines and Get Unstuck! for Freelancers, will start on Monday, May 17, 2010.
Diana has reworked her popular idea workshop so that she could provide one-on-one coaching with students who find it difficult to come up with story ideas to sell to editors. In this three-week class:
- Youâ€™ll learn how to generate dozens, even hundreds of possible story ideas, starting from day one.
- Youâ€™ll learn how to sift through your ideas for the good ones, the ideas that have potential, and learn how to refine and shape them into stories you can sell.
- Youâ€™ll figure out how to target your ideas for the right markets.
- Youâ€™ll never be at a loss when an editor asks if you have any more ideas for them? Youâ€™ll have dozens of good ideas, sorted into subject categories.
Sign up on Diana’s e-course page. Space is limited to ten students for the Premium-level class. Oh and don’t forget — Diana will be the guest speaker at the Renegade Writer’s free teleclass on Tuesday, May 11, 2010, speaking on 5 Tips for Finding Story Ideas That Sell at 8:30 p.m. ET. More deets here.
Students in Linda’sÂ Write for Magazines e-course have broken into such magazines as E: The Environmental Magazine, Woman’s Day, Black Health, Spirituality and Health, Writer’s Digest, Cottage Living, and other top-notch pubs.
HerÂ Get Unstuck! for Freelancers e-course will share her secrets for organizing your workspace, managing your time, beating perfectionism and procrastination, writing faster, and more. Who is Linda to teach others about productivity and motivation? Well, she earns a full-time income working just two days per week using these tips!Â To get more info and to sign up, please visit Linda’s e-course page. Space is limited for the Premium and Gold versions of the courses, so don’t wait!
I’ve gotten a lot of e-mails over the past couple months from writers who wanted to take my Story Ideas That Sell workshop. I had a lot going on in my life, so I pulled the workshop down. It was just too much for me at the time, plus some of my students wanted me to offer one-on-one coaching along with the workshop and I just couldn’t figure out how to fit that all in.
My life has settled down somewhat, and I was able to give the material a second look and figure out a way to provide more coaching and hand-holding. So I’m happy to announce that I’ll be offering my three-week class,Â Become an Idea Machine: How to (Painlessly) Build Up an Inventory of Story Ideas to Sell to Magazines,Â starting Monday, May 17. You can take the class with e-mail support ($149) or without ($99), although if you really struggle coming up with salable story ideas, I strongly urge you to sign up for the premium level.
What you’ll get from this course:
- You’ll learn how to generate dozens, even hundreds of possible story ideas, starting with the first week of class.
- You’ll learn how to sift through your ideas for the good ones, the stories that have potential, and learn how to refine and shape them into pitchable stories.
- You’ll figure out how to target your ideas for the right markets
- You’ll never be at a loss when an editor asks if you have any more ideas for them? You’ll have dozens of good ideas, sorted into subject categories.
I’ve reworked the material from my “Story Idea Workshop” for this new course, but if you’ve already taken that class, I’d urge you not to sign up for it again UNLESS you want to do it again with e-mail support. Contact me if you’re interested in doing this; you only have to pay the difference between the Basic and Premium levels, which is $50.
In the coming weeks, I’ll be doing a teleseminar with Linda Formichelli, tentatively titled Five Easy Ways to Generate Story Ideas That Sell. Details TK. In the meantime, you can sign up for my class at the Renegade Writer site.