Today, I’m counting down things that are important.
Important things for dogs are:
3. Toys – Stuffed animals are my favorite, but squeaky toys, rope toys, and balls are fun, too. Avoid anything mechanical – those things are terrifying.
2. Treats – All treats are delicious. Since it’s summer, frozen treats are the yummiest. Mom makes them for me with yogurt, banana baby food, honey, and peanut butter.
1. Cuddling – I love cuddling and snuggling – anytime, anywhere, with anybody.
Important things for writers are:
3. Writing every day – Mom writes for a whole hour every day. That means no playing, no being sneaky, and no being naughty. The hour flies by for her, but it’s the longest hour of the day for me.
2. Ideas – Ideas are everywhere. Mom and I get ideas at the park, in the car, when we stop for ice cream, near the garbage dumpster, in the supermarket, and while we’re walking around the neighborhood.
1. Patience – Writers have to wait a lot. They wait for a good idea to come. They wait to start writing while they mind-write for a while. They wait to see what the characters want to do. They wait to show the story to their writing group (which is sometimes named DavidLaurieandOtherDavid). They wait till they find someplace to send the story, and then they wait to see if it gets accepted. If it does, they have to wait some more to see it in print. They don’t get bored while they’re waiting because they keep getting ideas and they write every day (see #2 and #3).
Writers may not get bored with waiting, but I do. A whole hour? Really??
Display Comments Add a Comment