Write Integrity Press has announced their Books of Hope Contest.¬†They are seeking books in series of three, and winners could receive a three-book publication contract! The series of books can be fiction or nonfiction, but must carry a message of HOPE in some form or fashion. Be creative. Give them characters they can love in¬†your novels, and issues¬†they can care about in¬†your nonfiction.
One¬†First Prize FICTION Winner will receive a $500 Cash Prize and¬†their standard publication contract for the three-book series.
Two runners-up in fiction will receive¬†their standard publication contract for at least one book, and perhaps all three.
One First Prize NONFICTION Winner will receive a $500 Cash Prize and¬†their standard publication contract for the three-book series.
Two runners-up in nonfiction will receive their standard publication contract for at least one book, and perhaps all three.
There will be two rounds of judging:
1) Entries must include ALL of the following for Round One Judging by June 15, 2012. (These are just the basics – see the Nitty-Gritty details at the bottom of the post.)
- Submit a one-page, single-spaced synopsis of the entire three-book series.
- Submit a 100-word blurb for each book of the series.
- Submit the first chapter of Book 1 (length should be 2500-5000 words.)
- Entry fee of $25 paid through the Paypal link below. Be sure to write down the PayPal Transaction ID# because the Paypal Transaction ID# must be placed on the Cover Page of your entry, along with your Name, Address, Phone, E-mail, Website, and Series Title.
2) Finalists will be selected from these entries and notified by July 31st. In Round Two:
- Finalists will be required to submit a completed manuscript of Book 1 by November 30th. Full manuscripts should not be submitted prior to your being notified as a finalist.
- Instructions for submitting final manuscript will be sent with finalist notification.
Final Winners will be notified in January 2013.
Now for the Nitty-Gritty details (and these have been deal-breakers in the past, so please follow the guidelines – they’re here for a reason):
- Use Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Use double-line spacing, except for the synopsis and blurbs.
- Pages should have 1″ margins all around.
- Use black ink.
- Include a header on each page (except the cover page) that includes your last name and page number in top right corner.
- In the subject line of the e-mail entry, please indicate – BOOKS OF HOPE: Fiction or BOOKS OF HOPE: Nonfiction, so the manuscripts are routed properly.
- Entries should be submitted in a Word document, attached to the e-mail(editor [at] writeintegrity [dot] com).
- The e-mail itself should serve as an introduction – tell us who you are and a little about you. Nothing formal, fancy, or lengthy – just let us get to know you a little.
Your attached entry should include:
- Cover page with Name, Address, Phone, E-mail, Website, and Paypal Transaction¬† ID#.
- One page, single-spaced synopsis of the entire three-book series. Give us the ending, don’t leave us guessing.
- One 100-word description of each of the three books (300 words total – separated under each book title.)
- The first chapter of Book 1 (2500-5000 words in length.)
Final manuscripts should be in the 50,000-80,000 word range. Writers may enter manuscripts in bDisplay Comments Add a Comment